Institut des sciences de la mer - ISMER — UQAR
- ISMER is a research centre in marine sciences that is attached to Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR). ISMER owns many research infrastructures, allowing its positioning as a leader in the vast sea science domain. [French only]
- Québec-Océan pools together the scientific activities of Québec's main universities active in oceanography, and those of their partners in government and the private sector.
Institut national de la recherche scientifique - INRS
- INRS is a graduate and post-graduate university, composed of four research centres in different cities in Québec. INRS plays a key role in knowledge development and in the training of highly qualified scientists for the new generation in strategic research sectors, in Québec and over the world.
Fisheries and Oceans - DFO
- DFO's network includes a dozen research centres, of which the Maurice Lamontagne Institute (MLI) is part. MLI is one of the world's major main francophone marine science centres.
Environment and Climate Change Canada - ECCC
- The ministry's business is protecting the environment and conserving the country's natural heritage. By the Canadian Wildlife Service, ECCC also plays its part in the protection of Canadian biodiversity and endangered species, including the conservation of migrating birds.
Ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation - MAPAQ — Merinov
- MAPAQ contributes to biofood industry's prosperity and diversity in Québec.
- Merinov's mission is to contribute to the sustainable development of Québec's fisheries industry, fish farming and valuation of the marine biomass, while favoring the development of the expertise of these sectors.
Comité ZIP du lac Saint-Pierre
- The "Comité de la zone d'intervention prioritaire (ZIP) du lac Saint-Pierre" is a consensus-building organization whose main objective is promoting and protecting Lac Saint-Pierre and its riparian habitats. [French only]
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières - UQTR
- UQTR puts together motivated students and talented professors, supported by skilled and devoted personnel. The institution adds the highest value to academic success, quality of learning, sense of innovation, mastering of technologies, commitment in community and openness on the world.
Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs - MFFP
- The Ministère MDDEFP is the general manager for public land, including energy, forestry and mineral resources in Québec. Its mission is to protect the environment and conserve biodiversity in order to enhance the living environment of citizens.
Stratégies Saint-Laurent - SSL
- SSL is an umbrella Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) gathering the 14 ZIP committees (zones d'intervention prioritaire ― Areas of prime concern). SSL's principal mission is to group the ZIP committees, to enhance, with innovative models in hand, the protection, and rehabilitation of the St. Lawrence River within a sustainable perspective.
Interdisciplinary Centre for the Development of Ocean Mapping - CIDCO
- CIDCO is a research and development organization in marine geomatics who is dedicated to promote high-technology for acquiring, managing and graphical representation of marine spatial data.
Technopole maritime du Québec - TMQ
- TMQ's main objective is to accelerate the development of marine science, technology and biotechnology sectors in Québec by ensuring its national and international exposure and this, while providing value-added services to its members and supporting for long-term priority projects.
Québec Maritime Association - QMA
- The QMA is a sectorial touristic association that has business with promoting nautical destinations in Québec, especially with its Québec nautical stations directory. QMA represents pleasure boating industry, as well as individual boaters.
Regroupement des organismes de bassins versants du Québec - ROBVQ
- ROBVQ is a non-profit organization that was created in November 2001 and is recognized by the Ministère du Développement durable, de l'Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs du Québec (MDDEFP), as a preferred contact for setting up the integrated watershed-based management in Québec. [French only]
World Wild Life - WWF
- WWF-Canada creates solutions to the environmental challenges that matter most for Canadians. We work in places that are unique and ecologically important, so that wildlife, nature and people thrive together. Because we are all wildlife. For more info visit
Northeastern Regional Association of Costal and Ocean Observing Systems - NERACOOS
- The Northeast Regional Association of Coastal Ocean Observing Systems (NERACOOS) provides near real time and historical ocean information to people from Long Island Sound to Nova Scotia. Established in 2008 as part of the United States Integrated Ocean Observing System (US IOOS) the mission of NERACOOS is to produce, integrate and communicate high quality information that helps ensure safety, economic and environmental resilience, and sustainable use of the coastal ocean.
Institut maritime du Québec - IMQ
- Well attuned to the labour market needs, IMQ proposes, for most of its programs, training including internships in navigation, marine mechanical engineering, naval architecture technology, transportation logistics and professional diving. [French only]
- Established in 2007, Green Marine is a North American environmental certification program for the maritime transportation industry. The program stems from the maritime industry's voluntary initiative to surpass regulatory requirements when it comes, for example, to air emissions, invasive aquatic species, waste management and cargo residues. The Green Marine program's unique character derives from the support being earned from 50 environmental groups and government agencies. These supporters contribute to shaping and revising the program.
Port de Montréal - MPA
- The MPA is an autonomous federal agency created under the terms of the Canada Marine Act. It does everything in its power to make the Port of Montreal as competitive as possible, and from this perspective provides first-rate facilities to sea and land carriers, to terminal operators and to shippers.
Lower St. Lawrence Pilots Corporation - LSLPC
- The Lower St. Lawrence Pilots Corporation primary's (LSLPC) mission is to ensure the safe operation of vessels, in the public interest, between Les Escoumins and Quebec, including the Saguenay River.
Since the LSLPC 's pilot are the first to board when the ship enters Canadian waters and the last to debark when they leave, their role is particularly important for the safety of navigation on the river and compliance with Canadian shipping. [French only]
Shipping Federation of Canada
- The Shipping Federation of Canada represents and promotes the interests of the owners, operators and agents of ships involved in Canada's world trade. The Federation's overall objective is to work towards a safe, efficient, competitive, environmentally sustainable and quality-oriented marine transportation system.
Institut nordique de recherche en environnement et en santé au travail - INREST
- The Inrest aims to achieve link research activities with environmental science and health at work, activities that are applied to the northern environment of the North-Eastern Quebec.
Corporation des Pilotes du Saint-Laurent Central - CPSLC
- The Corporation des Pilotes du Saint-Laurent Central (CPSLC) is the largest maritime pilot corporation in Canada. It's mission, to ensure the safe passage of ships takes place in three different sectors; Québec - Trois-Rivières, Trois-Rivières - Montréal and Port of Montreal. Marine pilotage is an "essential" service in the public interest, the environment and the economy in general. Our pilotage district is one of the hardest worldwide, local residents, the general public and industry can be secured. When a CPSLC pilot is on board, safety is a priority!
- In November 2013 Mylène Paquette, a modern-day heroine, put her name up beside the legendary men and women who have pushed themselves beyond their limits to accomplish the unimaginable. A 129-day solo crossing of the North Atlantic Ocean, rowing alone on a vast sea that many a sailor dreads. She was the first person from the Americas to accomplish this feat!
Comité ZIP du Sud-de-l'Estuaire
- Comité ZIP du Sud-de-l'Estuaire's mission is to promote and support, through regional collaboration, actions for the protection, conservation, rehabilitation of disturbed areas and access to the St. Lawrence River in a sustainable development perspective.
- Lower St. Lawrence Pilot and Vice President of the Corporation des gestionnaires de phares du Saint-Laurent
Ministère de la Sécurité publique - MSP
- The MSP's mission is to ensure, with its partners, public security in Quebec. It is expected to reduce the vulnerability of Quebecers, in particular to the risks related to crime and disasters.
de Gaspé Beaubien Foundation
- Created in 1990 by Nan-B and Philippe II de Gaspé Beaubien, the foundation support's individuals, families in business, and organizations in becoming responsible agents of positive and sustainable change within their communities.
Prince Edward Island
- Professor [in French]
Department of Sociology
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Université de Moncton
Canadian Space Agency - CSA
- The mandate of the CSA is to promote the peaceful use and development of space, to advance the knowledge of space through science and to ensure that space science and technology provide social and economic benefits for Canadians.
Canada Economic Development Agency - CED
- At the centre of the economic development of the regions of Québec, the Agency provides assistance to enterprises, communities and the organizations that support them through its network of business offices located throughout the province.
Ministère de l'Économie, de l'Innovation et des Exporations - MEIEQ
- MESI's mission is, notably, to elaborate and to propose financial help measures and tax incentives for promoting and supporting economy, investment and employment growth.