Document sans nom
Institut des sciences de la mer - ISMER — UQAR
- ISMER is a research centre in marine sciences that is attached to Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR). ISMER owns many research infrastructures, allowing its positioning as a leader in the vast sea science domain. [French only]
- Québec-Océan pools together the scientific activities of Québec's main universities active in oceanography, and those of their partners in government and the private sector.
Institut national de la recherche scientifique - INRS
- INRS is a graduate and post-graduate university, composed of four research centres in different cities in Québec. INRS plays a key role in knowledge development and in the training of highly qualified scientists for the new generation in strategic research sectors, in Québec and over the world.
Fisheries and Oceans - DFO
- DFO's network includes a dozen research centres, of which the Maurice Lamontagne Institute (MLI) is part. MLI is one of the world's major main francophone marine science centres.
Environment Canada - EC
- The ministry's business is protecting the environment and conserving the country's natural heritage. By the Canadian Wildlife Service, EC also plays its part in the protection of Canadian biodiversity and endangered species, including the conservation of migrating birds.
Ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation - MAPAQ — Merinov
- MAPAQ contributes to biofood industry's prosperity and diversity in Québec.
- Merinov's mission is to contribute to the sustainable development of Québec's fisheries industry, fish farming and valuation of the marine biomass, while favoring the development of the expertise of these sectors.
Parks Canada - PC
- The agency protects and presents nationally significant examples of Canada's natural and cultural heritage, and fosters public understanding, appreciation and enjoyment in ways that ensure the ecological and commemorative integrity of these places for present and future generations.
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières - UQTR
- UQTR puts together motivated students and talented professors, supported by skilled and devoted personnel. The institution adds the highest value to academic success, quality of learning, sense of innovation, mastering of technologies, commitment in community and openness on the world.
Ministère des Forêts, de la Faune et des Parcs - MFFP
- The Ministère MDDEFP is the general manager for public land, including energy, forestry and mineral resources in Québec. Its mission is to protect the environment and conserve biodiversity in order to enhance the living environment of citizens.
- Éco-nature's mision is to protect, conserve and enhance uppermost the Rivière des Mille Îles and its tributaries, to the benefit and with the support of the community. The organization is particularly involved in ichtyological inventories in the Rivière des Mille Îles for many years now. [French only]
Réseau d'observation de mammifères marins - ROMM
- ROMM is a non-profit orgranization devoted to the protection and conservation of the St. Lawrence cetaceans and pinnipeds and their habitat. [French only]
Comité ZIP du lac Saint-Pierre
- The "Comité de la zone d'intervention prioritaire (ZIP) du lac Saint-Pierre" is a consensus-building organization whose main objective is promoting and protecting Lac Saint-Pierre and its riparian habitats. [French only]
Stratégies Saint-Laurent - SSL
- SSL is an umbrella Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) gathering the 14 ZIP committees (zones d'intervention prioritaire ― Areas of prime concern). SSL's principal mission is to group the ZIP committees, to enhance, with innovative models in hand, the protection, and rehabilitation of the St. Lawrence River within a sustainable perspective.
Interdisciplinary Centre for the Development of Ocean Mapping - CIDCO
- CIDCO is a research and development organization in marine geomatics who is dedicated to promote high-technology for acquiring, managing and graphical representation of marine spatial data.
Technopole maritime du Québec - TMQ
- TMQ's main objective is to accelerate the development of marine science, technology and biotechnology sectors in Québec by ensuring its national and international exposure and this, while providing value-added services to its members and supporting for long-term priority projects.
Centre de recherche sur les milieux insulaires et maritimes - CERMIM
- CERMIM's mission consists in supporting the sustainable development in island and maritime environments, by research and training. It also plays an important part as a liaison between the scientific community and local and regional governments, in order to facilitate enlightened decision-making. [French only]
Regroupement des organismes de bassins versants du Québec - ROBVQ
- ROBVQ is a non-profit organization that was created in November 2001 and is recognized by the Ministère du Développement durable, de l'Environnement, de la Faune et des Parcs du Québec (MDDEFP), as a preferred contact for setting up the integrated watershed-based management in Québec. [French only]
Institut maritime du Québec - IMQ
- Well attuned to the labour market needs, IMQ proposes, for most of its programs, training including internships in navigation, marine mechanical engineering, naval architecture technology, transportation logistics and professional diving. [French only]
Québec Maritime Association - QMA
- The QMA is a sectorial touristic association that has business with promoting nautical destinations in Québec, especially with its Québec nautical stations directory. QMA represents pleasure boating industry, as well as individual boaters.
Centre de recherche sur les biotechnologies marines - CRBM
- CRBM is defined by its applied and oriented research and development (R&D) vocation and by its services in biotechnologies industrial research. CRBM is a bridging and coordinating organization between universities and private enterprises by carrying out research and transfer activities in businesses for different market sectors. [French only]
Northeastern Regional Association of Costal and Ocean Observing Systems - NERACOOS
- The Northeast Regional Association of Coastal Ocean Observing Systems (NERACOOS) provides near real time and historical ocean information to people from Long Island Sound to Nova Scotia. Established in 2008 as part of the United States Integrated Ocean Observing System (US IOOS) the mission of NERACOOS is to produce, integrate and communicate high quality information that helps ensure safety, economic and environmental resilience, and sustainable use of the coastal ocean.
Port de Montréal - MPA
- The MPA is an autonomous federal agency created under the terms of the Canada Marine Act. It does everything in its power to make the Port of Montreal as competitive as possible, and from this perspective provides first-rate facilities to sea and land carriers, to terminal operators and to shippers.
Canadian Space Agency - CSA
- The mandate of the CSA is to promote the peaceful use and development of space, to advance the knowledge of space through science and to ensure that space science and technology provide social and economic benefits for Canadians.
Canada Economic Development Agency - CED
- At the centre of the economic development of the regions of Québec, the Agency provides assistance to enterprises, communities and the organizations that support them through its network of business offices located throughout the province.
Ministère des Finances et de l'Économie - MFEQ
- MFEQ's mission is, notably, to elaborate and to propose financial help measures and tax incentives for promoting and supporting economy, investment and employment growth.